9.07.2011

Last Dance: Chris Young - Gettin' You Home

I’m no closet country music fan. I’ll let any and everybody know how much I love country music. Maybe my dad has something to do with this. Country music, to me, is feel-good music. Reminds me of hanging out with dad in the garage while he tinkered around fixing one thing or another. Also reminds me of summertime, riding in his pick-up truck to various jobsites, the smell of freshly cut grass, and hanging with all the blue-collar folks who were always smiling and cracking jokes at one another's expense. I can only hope the guests at your wedding will appreciate the emotion behind this song. And feel free to play it at your wedding whether you think they will like it or not. This is YOUR day. Country music isn’t all about sad, wrinkled old men, shotguns and beer…it’s mostly sentimental. This song makes a great" last dance" song for the couple heading off into happily ever after.